Johann Ludwig Bastron, son of Jacob Lorentz Bastron (Jacques Laurent Pastron) and Johanna Schmitt, was born 29 May 1740 in Büdingen, Isenburg, Germany. Johanetta Elisabeth Lang was born 19 January 1741 in Laubach, the daughter of Johann Peter Lang, the chief miller in Laubach, and his wife Marie Christine Best.
Johann Ludwig and Johanetta Elisabeth married in Büdingen on 5 May 1762. The couple had two children in Büdingen before departing for Russia: Anna Christina, born 27 November 1762, and Katharina Jacobina, born 13 December 1763.
The Bastron (Pastron) family were French Huguenots. Jacques Laurent (Jacob Lorentz) Pastron, a stocking weaver from Offenbach, Germany, was the son of Jacques Pastron and Elisabeth Humbert of Offenbach, Germany. Jacques Laurent (Jacob Lorentz) married Johanna Schmitt in Büdingen, Germany.
- Offenbach French Reformed Church Records since 1699
- Budingen Church Records since 1631
- Laubach Records since 1581
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 427
- Pleve, Igor. Bastron Family Chart