Johann Caspar Batthauer, son of Heinrich Ignatheus & Maria Barbara Batthauer, was baptized on 20 May 1742 in the Catholic Church of Hackenheim, a small village in the district of Bad Kreuznach, 14 kilometers southwest of Bingen am Rhein.
Johann Caspar Batthauer, his wife (Catharina née Neubert), and her brother, Georg Neubert, emigrated to Russia, departing from Rewal by the pink Novaya Dvinka under the command of Lieutenant Ivan Perepechin. They arrived at the Russian port of Oranienbaum on 30 May 1766.
The Batthauers and Georg Neubert settled in the Volga German colony of Göbel on 25 May 1767 where they are recorded on the 1767 census in Household No. 05.
On the 1798 Census, the Batthauer family is still residing in Göbel , recorded in Household No. Gb38.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Parish records of Hackenheim (LDS Film No. 949469).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 38-39.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 55.