Engelhardt Berger, son of Daniel and Anna Maria Berger from Himbach, was baptized on 7 December 1726. Anna Margaretha Runkel, daughter of Paul Runkel, was born 18 April in Gondsroth and baptized 23 April 1724. Engelhardt and Anna Margaretha married on 26 October 1752 in Eckartshausen. The couple had five children: Anna Katharina (baptism not found); Johann Peter, baptized 13 February 1756 in Himbach; Johann Conrad, baptized 30 November 1757 in Wolf; Anna Kunigunda, baptized 11 November 1759 in Wolf; and Johann Heinrich, baptized 11 July 1762 in Wolf.
The couple and three of their children arrived in Russia on 29 August 1766. By the time they arrived in Norka, they have one surviving child, Katharina. They are reported on the Norka First Settlers List in Family #50, along with the orphaned Michael Marquart.
- Parish records of Eckartshausen (including Langen-Bergheim, Wiedermus, Ronneburg, and Himbach) on Archion.de
- Parish records of Niedermittlau (including Meerholz, Hailer, Neuenhasslau, and Gondsroth) on Archion.de
- Parish records of Wolf (Kr. Büdingen), FHL Film #1201845
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 319
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 242