Zacharias Frieß, son of Johannes Frieß, was baptized in Groß-Felda on 12 October 1724. He was confirmed there in 1739. In 1749, Zacaharias married Anna Maria, daughter of Anna Margaretha Fritz from Feldkrücken. The baptisms of seven children are recorded in the Groß-Felda records: Anna Margaretha, born 5 July, baptized 7 July 1750; Johannes, baptized 26 February 1752 (died, date unknown); Johann Hermann, born 3 April, baptized 5 April 1754 (died 30 June 1757); Anna Maria, baptized 7 December 1756 (died 24 July 1757); Johann Wolf, baptized 4 June 1758; Anna Christina, baptized 23 Nov 1760; and Johannes, baptized 18 Sep 1763.
They arrived in Russia on 15 September 1766. Another child, Jacob, was born during the transport to the villages. The family settled in Hussenbach.
- Parish records of Groß-Felda on Archion.de
- Stumpp, Karl. The Emigration from Germany to Russia in the years 1763 to 1862. (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1982), p. 129
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 403
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998), p. A-59
- Nakaji, Susan Hopp. Reconstructed First Settlers List for Hussenbach (Linevo Osero)