In the parish records of Fränkisch-Crumbach, Johann Adam Fröhlich from Kirch-Beerfurth (3 kilometers south of Fränkisch-Crumbach), with his wife and children are included in a list of immigrants. Johann Adam had married on 25 April 1762 to Anna Barbara Hofferber, daughter of Hanss Leonhard Hofferber & Anna Elisabeth Karg, which makes her a sister to Johannes Hofferber who also immigrated to Russia.
The ancestors of Johann Adam Fröhlich can be traced back several generations in Eberbach and the other villages in the Reichelsheim parish.
The Frölich family arrived in Frank on 1 September 1767 and are listed there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 92. Johann Adam is still living in Frank in 1798 when he is recorded on the census there in Household No. Fk125. Daughter Dorothea has married twice by 1798 and is living with her second husband in Frank in Household No. Fk082. Daughter Maria Magdalena who had been born during the journey to Russia is married to Nikolaus Lautenschlager and living in Yagodnaya Polyana in 1798 in Household No. Yp30.
- Familienbuch Reichelsheim, 1643-1875, Volumes 1 and 2, by Heiner Wolf
- Parish records of Reichelsheim on Archion.de
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 181.
- Parish records of Fränkisch-Crumbach.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 433.