Johann Georg Jost, the son of Georg and Anna Jost, was born 29 March and baptized 4 April 1721 in Burgbracht. Anna Maria Freÿer, daughter of Ludwig and Elisabeth Freÿer, was baptized 4 November 1725 in Kefenrod. Johann Georg Jost and Anna Maria Freÿer married in Kefenrod on 12 May 1749. The baptism of one child is reported in Kefenrod, Maria Catharina, baptized 10 August 1749 (died 17 August 1749). The baptisms of six children are reported in Burgbracht: Johann Georg, baptized 6 August 1750; Johannes, baptized in April 1753 (died 20 March 1757); Anna Kunigunda, baptized 21 January 1756; Johannes, baptized 18 July 1757; Anna Elisabetha, baptized 18 June 1762; and Heinrich, baptized 27 June 1765.
Johann Heinrich Jost, son of Georg Jost, and Anna Gertraud Jost, daughter of Daniel Jost, married in Burgbracht on 8 March 1747. The baptism of one child is recorded in Burgbracht: Anna Elisabetha, baptized 14 September 1750. Anna Gertraud died and was buried on 18 October 1750. Johann Heinrich Jost then married Anna Kunigunda Kaÿser, the daughter of Hans Conrad Kaÿser from Illnhausen. The parish records of Kirchbracht report that Anna Kunigunda Kaÿser was born in Illnhausen and baptized on 6 June 1728. Johann Heinrich and Anna Kunigunda had four children according to the Burgbracht records: Anna Maria, baptized 11 December 1751; Anna Elisabetha, baptized April 1754; Johann Georg, baptized 12 June 1760, died 11 April 1762; and Johann Adam, baptized 18 September 1763.
The two families arrived in Russia on 29 August 1766. According to the Transport Lists, four family members died during the transport to the colonies: Georg Jost's wife Anna Maria, both Heinrich Jost and his wife Anna, and Heinrich's son Johann Adam.
The surving family members settled in Norka. Johann Georg Jost, his new wife Anna Kunigunda, and his four surviving children are recorded in Norka First Settler's List Family #189. Anna Maria Jost married Melchior Schneider. This couple, and Anna Maria's sister Anna Elisabetha Jost, are recorded in Norka First Settler's List Family #187.
- Ancestry.com indexed records of FHL Film Number 1201792 (Hitzkirchen, Kefenrod, and Burg-Bracht)
- Parish records of Hitzkirchen (Hitzkirchen, Kefenrod, and Burg-Bracht) on Archion.de
- Parish records of Kirchbracht (Kirchbracht, Mauswinkel, Illnhausen, and Bösgesäß) on Archion.de
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): p. 239
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): p. A-11
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 279, 280