Johann Conrad Mörkel, son of Johannes Mörkel, and Anna Elisabeth Rolle, daughter of Caspar Rolle, married in Schlierbach on 27 August 1755. The baptisms of three children are recorded in the Hellstein parish records, all born in Schlierbach: Anna Maria, born 27 October, baptized 2 November 1755; Johann Heinrich, born 17 July, baptized 23 July 1758 (died 9 September 1758); and Johann Georg Hartman, born 4 November, baptized 13 November 1763.
The family arrived in Russia on 29 August 1766. They settled in Göbel and are reported there in the First Settler's List in Family #9.
It should be noted that this family is described as Catholic in the Facius Lists, the Kulberg Lists, and the First Settler's Lists. However, their marriage and the baptisms of their children are recorded in the Protestant records of Hellstein.
- Lists of the recruiter Johann Facius
- Decker, Klaus-Peter. Die Auswanderung von 1766/67 aus der Grafschaft Ysenburg-Büdingen nach Russland, p. 154
- Parish records of Hellstein (including Neuenschmidten, Schlierbach, and Udenhain) on Archion.de
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 245
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): p. 40