Johann Nicolaus Oldt (a cloth maker from Rimhorn, southeast of Höchst im Odenwald) was born on 21 May 1736 in Würzberg, near Höchst im Odenwald. He was the son of son of Georg Old and Anna Barbara Horn. He married Anna Catharina Öhlmann of Rimhorn. Their daughter Anna Eva was born on 05 May 1765.
They arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard a vessel under the command of skipper Heinrich Sager. Anna Eva must have died during the trip because she is not reported with the family when the arrive in Frank. The family is reported on the Frank First Settler's List in Family #93, with a new daughter Maria Elisabeth.
By the time that the 1798 Census is taken, Nikolaus is still living with a new wife in Frank in Household No. Fk056.
- New Findings about the Immigration to Russia – 1766, by Ella Gieg, circa 2008 (translation by Richard A. Kraus)
- Gieg, Ella. Auswanderungen aus dem Odenwaldkreis Band 1 (Lützelbach: E. Gieg, 1988-1997): 176.
- Parish records of Höchst (LDS Film Nos. 1193268 & 1193269).
- Parish records of Michelstadt, FHL Films #1347021 and 1347002
- Hesekiel, Walter. Rimhorner Familienbuch 1637 - 1875 (Hess. Familiengeschichtliche Vereinigung, 1996)
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 396
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): p. 434
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).