Johann Georg Orth was born in Lützelbach on 11 February 1745 to Johann Leonhard Orth & Maria Elisabeth Saul. Shortly after his birth, his father (a master cobbler) moved the family to Breitenbrunn where the remainder of Johann Georg's siblings were born.
He arrived in Frank on 1 September 1767 and is listed there on the 1767 census in Household No. 94.
- New Findings about the Immigration to Russia – 1766, by Ella Gieg, circa 2008 (translation by Richard A. Kraus)
- Parish records of Seckmauern with Lützelbach (since 1742)
- Parish records of Vielbrunn with Lützelbach (16551742)
- Parish records of Höchst (since 1609)
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 434.