Johann Sigmund Pflaumer (son of Johannes and Anna Margaretha Pflaumer) was born in Richen on 16 February and baptized there on 18 February 1724. Johann Sigmund married Anna Catharina Frey on 4 February 1749 in Schwaigern. Anna Catharina was the daughter of Johann Georg Frey and Maria Barbara Bach, and had been baptized on 5 November 1723 in Schwaigern.
Johann Sigmund and Anna Catharina had the following children, all born and baptized in Schwaigern: Johann Christian, born 22 November, baptized 23 November 1749; Johann Friedrich, born 14 April, baptized 15 April 1751 (died 15 November 1753); Johanna Christina, born 7 September, baptized 8 September 1753 (died 18 October 1753); Johann Gottlieb, born 26 August, baptized 28 August 1754; Johann Sigmund, born and baptized 17 October 1756 (died 3 May 1759); and Eva Dorothea, born and baptized 27 November 1758.
In 1761, the Pflaumer family arrived in Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) with two children: Johann Gottlieb and Eva Dorothea. While in Denmark, they had one additional child: Philipp Ludwig, who was baptized 10 September 1761 in Torning, Karup, Lysgård, Denmark.
The Pflaumer family, along with five other families, were the first settlers in the Volga region. Sigmund (Simon), his wife, and their children arrived in Dobrinka on 29 June 1764. They are recorded on the Dobrinka 1767 Census in Household No. 9. In that Census, three children are listed: Johann Gottlieb, age 14, Eva Dorothea, age 9, and Elisabeth, age 3. Later Dobrinka records give Elisabeth's birthdate as 10 April 1762, however her baptism has not yet been found.
In the 1798 Census of Dobrinka, the surname is spelled "Flaumer". Elisabeth, age 33, is reported in Household #27, and Gottlieb, age 43 is reported in Household #38. In later Dobrinka Census records the surname is spelled "Blaummer".
- Parish records of Eppingen, Baden (including Richen), Family Search Film #1189090 and indexes of same.
- Parish records of Schwaigern, Brackenheim, Württemberg, Family Search Film #2125560, Film #1184789, and indexes of same.
- Parish records of Torning in Lysgård district Denmark, Family Search Film #54037
- Clausen, Otto. Chronik der Heide- und Moorkolonisation im Herzogtum Schleswig, 1760-1765 (Husum: Husum Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft, 1981): 728.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga (online).
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): p. 549.
- Danish parish record extractions by Wayne Bonner and Mike Meisinger
- Family Search Tree
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): p. 315
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, pp. 364, 366