Johannes Printz, son of Michel Printz, was born 31 January 1739 in Rothenbergen and baptized 4 February 1739. Elisabetha Stumpf, daughter of Michel Stumpf, was born 17 August 1737 in Rothenbergen and baptized on 25 August 1737. Johannes and Elisabetha married in Rothenbergen on 14 April 1763. They had one child prior to emigrating to Russia: Catharina, born 28 September 1764 and baptized 30 September 1764.
The couple arrived in Russia on 9 August 1766. Catharina must have died at some point prior to their arrival in Russia because she is not listed with the family in the Kulberg List. The couple settled in Norka and are reported there in Household #7 (with the surname spelled "Brenz" in the published translation).
By 1775, Johannes and Elisabetha had three children: a son Georg Wilhelm and daughters Gertrude and Elisabetha.
By 1798, Gertrude has moved to Pobochnaya and married Peter Wilhelm. That couple and their children are reported in Pobochnaya 1798 Census Household #14.
- Parish records of Gründau (including Mittelgründau, Niedergründau, Rothenbergen, Lieblos, Roth, and Gettenbach) on Archion.de
- Facius List extractions
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 259
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005) p. 229-230
- Rye, Richard, translator. 1775 and 1798 Census of Norka (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1995)
- Rye, Richard, translator. 1772 and 1798 Census of Pobochnaya (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1995)