Jacob Rausch, the son of Johann Adam Rausch and Elisabeth Weber, was born 23 Jul 1739 in Nieder-Kinzig. He arrived in Russia with his wife Anna Catharina on 13 September 1766.
A son Nicolaus was born to the Rausch couple during the trip. This child must have died during the journey because he is not included in the First Settler's List. The couple is reported on the Frank Fist Settler's List in Family #89.
- New Findings about the Immigration to Russia – 1766, by Ella Gieg, circa 2008 (translation by Richard A. Kraus)
- Online Ortsfamilienbuch Mittel-Kinzig, Ober-Kinzig, Nieder-Kinzig at https://www.online-ofb.de/kinzig/
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 394
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998) p. A-132
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): p. 433