Johann Adam Reifschnneider (son of Johann Peter Reifschneider and his wife Barbara Elisabetha) was baptized in Michelau on 20 May 1731. Johann Adam Reifschnneider (Bürger and shopkeeper) and Anna Dorothea Schleich (daughter of Melchior Schleich) married in Büdingen on 1 March 1759.
Johann Adam and Anna Dorothea arrived in Russia on 29 August 1766, along with many others who settled in Norka. They are reported on the Norka 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #114.
Johann Adam and Anna Dorothea are reported in the 1775 Census of Norka in Household #148. Dorothea Reifschneider is listed as a widow in Household #153 on the 1798 Census of Norka. They appear to have no descendants in Norka.
There is another Reifschneider family who settled in Norka - Johann Conrad Reifschneider and his family from nearby Kefenrod.
- Parish records of Büdingen, FHL Film #1197010, Item 2
- Parish Records of Wolferborn, Bindsachsen, and Michelau, FHL Film #1197015
- Lists of the recruiter Johann Facius
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): p. 244
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 259.
- Rye, Richard. The 1775 and 1798 Censuses of the German Colony on the Volga, Norka: Also Known as Weigand. American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1995. p. 24 (1775) and p. 60 (1798)