Conrad Reuswig, son of Andreas Reuswig, was born 4 Mar 1716, and baptized 6 Mar 1716, in Neunhasslau (Niedermittlau Parish). On 21 April 1740, he married Anna Margaretha Sell, daughter of Michael Sell, in Rothenbergen (Gründau Parish). Anna Margaretha Sell was born in Rothenbergen and baptized 14 Mar 1717. The baptisms of six children were recorded in the Gründau parish records: Catharina, 14 Dec 1742; Michael, 24 Jan 1746; Catharina, 19 Apr 1748, Johann Peter, 3 Feb 1751; Johann Heinrich, 17 May 1756, and Johann Peter, 14 Oct 1760.
The family arrived in Russia on 9 Aug 1766. Conrad must have died during the trip, because Anna Margaretha is recorded as a widow on the Norka First Settlers List.
Johann Heinrich Reiswig moved to Messer and is reported there on the 1798 Census in Household #14.
- Parish records of Niedermittlau on Archion.de
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): p. 262.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 249.
- Reisbich chart (village(s) of Messer) - Commissioned by Helen Wozniak (deceased); (CYRILLIC); (2 Charts)
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, p. 714