Johann Scheller, widowed, a resident of Nieder-Seemen, and Anna Maria Groth, daughter of Peter Groth from Mittel-Seemen, married on 13 October 1729. This couple had nine children, all born and baptized in Nieder-Seemen. Among them were Anna Margaretha, born 22 September, baptized 24 September 1737; Johannes, born 21 September, baptized 22 September 1740; and Johann Conrad, born 21 July, baptized 22 July 1750.
Anna Margaretha Scheller married Peter Schott in Büdingen on 9 April 1766. Johannes Scheller married Anna Elisabeth Berget on 21 May 1766 in Lübeck.
Johannes Scheller, his wife Anna, and brother Conrad, along with Peter Schott, and his wife Anna all arrived in Russia on 4 July 1766.
Johannes Scheller, his wife Anna Elisabeth, their infant son Johann Caspar, and Johannes' brother Johann Conrad settled in Dönhof and are reported there on the 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #59. Johann Peter Schott and Anna Margaretha Scheller settled in Moor and are reported there on the 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #44.
Johannes Scheller and his family are reported in the 1775 Census of Dönhof in Household #58. Johann Conrad Scheller and his family are reported in in the 1775 Census of Dönhof in Household #76.
Conrad and Johannes are both still living in Dönhof in 1798. Conrad and his family are reported there in Household #76. Johannes and his family are reported in Household #81.
- Parish records of Nieder-Seemen and Mittel-Seemen on Archion.de
- Parish records of Büdingen on Archion.de
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): pp. 28 and 64
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 97
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): pp. 356-357
- Rye, Richard, translator. 1775 Census of Dönhof (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1995)
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, pp. 384, 386