Michael Strohmann (son of Christian Strohmann) and Catharina Adolph (daughter of Philipp Adolph) married in Bolzhurst (part of the Legelshurst parish) on 9 November 1757. Catharina Adolph had been born in Legelshurst on 1 October and baptized on 3 October 1734. Michael and Catharina had one child baptized in Legelhurst, Johann Michael, born 19 February, and baptized 21 February 1758. Johann Michael died in Freistett on 16 January and was buried there on 17 January 1764. The couple had one child baptized in Linx, Catharina, born 1 June and baptized 2 June 1759. Catharina died in Freistett on 1 April 1764 and was buried there on 2 April 1764. They had two children baptized in the Lutheran Church in Freistett, today a part of the town of Rheinau: Anna Maria, born on 25 January 1762, and baptized on 27 January 1762; and Michael, born on 24 December 1764 and baptized on 25 December 1764.
Michael Strohmann and his family immigrated to Russia. On their journey to the port of Lübeck they had a new girl who was named Catharina, born in April 1766. They departed from Lübeck by a Russian packet-boat under the command of lieutenant Makkensy, and arrived in Oranienbaum on 22 July 1766.
During the transport to the Volga German colonies, daughter Anna Maria died.
The Strohmanns arrived in the colony of Dietel on 1 July 1767. They are recorded there on 1767 census in Household No. 12.
By the time of 1798 Dietel census, the descendants of Michael Strohmann are recorded in Households Nos. Dt50 & Dt61. In 1794, Elisabetha Barbara, a daughter of Michael Strohmann, born in 1774, moved to Huck where she married Johannes Frick (1798 Census of Huck, Household No. Hk33).
- Parish records of Freistett (LDS Film No. 1189674) and Family Search indexes and online images of same
- Ancestry.com indexes of Legelshurst, Linx, and Freistett
- Parish records of Legelshurst, Linx, and Freistett on Archion.de
- Pleve, Igor. List of Colonists to Russia in 1766 "Reports by Ivan Kulberg" (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 170.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 284.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).