Lorenz Dietz (son of Johann Heinrich Dietz) was baptized on 27 March 1716 in Lichenroth. On 12 February 1738, he married Anna Elisabetha Schwindt (daughter of Bernhard Schwindt) in Langendiebach. This couple had eight children, all born and baptized in Langendiebach on the following dates: Anna Margaretha, born 16 October, baptized 19 October 1738 (died 16 June 1739); Anna Maria, born 31 March, baptized 3 April 1740 (died 23 Jun 1743); Maria Barbara, born 16 September, baptized 24 September 1741 (died 2 June 1743); Catharina, born 30 September, baptised 3 October 1743 (died 13 August 1745); Barbara, born 15 January, baptized 18 January 1747; Johann Peter, born 11 August, baptized 16 August 1750; Elisabetha, born 21 June, baptized 25 June 1752 (died 14 July 1752); and Catharina, born 24 July, baptized 28 July 1754 (died 19 February 1755).
The couple and their two surviving children arrived in Russia on 8 August 1766. Widow Anna Elisbatha Dietz and her son Johann Peter are reported on the Kutter First Settler's List in Family #11. Barbara Dietz married Kaspar Kunckel, and is reported with him on the Kutter First Settler's List in Family #10.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter. Die Auswanderung von 1766/67 aus der Grafschaft Ysenburg-Büdingen nach Russland, p. 107
- Parish records of Lichenroth, Gelnhausen, Archive of the Evangelical Church of Kurhessen-Waldeck in Kassel, on Archion.de
- Parish records of Langendiebach, HanauLand, Archive of the Evangelical Church of Kurhessen-Waldeck in Kassel, on Archion.de
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 211
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): p. 478