Johann Balthasar Hepting (son of Michael Hepting) and Anna Maria Stürtz married in Wolferborn on 11 April 1736. Among their children were Maria Elisabetha, baptized on 14 January 1742; and Johannes, baptized 17 January 1745. There is no record of either Maria Elisabetha or Johannes marrying in Wolferborn.
Based on the surnames reported in the 1798 Census, Johannes married Susanna Herdt and Maria Elisabetha married Heinrich Herdt. These two couples arrived in Russia on the same ship on 8 August 1766.
Both couples settled in Huck. Johannes Heptin and Susanna are reported on the Huck First Settlers List in Household #49. Heinrich Herdt and Maria Elisabeth are reported in Household #52.
In the 1798 Census of Huck, Heinrich Herdt and Maria Elisabeth Heptin are reported in Household #8. Johannes Heptin and Susanna Herdt are reported in Household #35.
- Parish records of Wolferborn on Archion.de
- Decker, Klaus-Peter. Die Auswanderung von 1766/67 aus der Grafschaft Ysenburg-Büdingen nach Russland, p. 125
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 208, 214
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): p. 152, 153
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, p. 502, 506