Johann Heinrich Jungmann, Schoolmaster, and his wife had at least seven children according to the Wallernhausen parish records: Anna Maria, born approximately 1737 (died 24 March 1757 at age 20); Maria Elisabetha, baptized 5 June 1745; Helena Margaretha, baptized 5 July 1748; Johann Ludwig, baptized 27 December 1750 (died 16 December 1764 at age 14); Johann Heinrich, baptized 27 March 1753; Elisabetha Catharina, baptized 24 December 1757; and Johann Conrad, baptized 30 January 1761.
Johann Heinrich Jungmann, a teacher, his wife Anna Catharina, and children Helena Margaretha, age 20, Johann Heinrich, age 15, Elisabeth, age 12, and Conrad, age 6, arrived in Russia on 13 September 1766. Johann Heinrich Jungmann's wife (now listed as Margretha) and daughter Helena Margaretha died during the journey to the villages.
The surviving family members arrived in Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #3.
Son Johann Heinrich married Katharina Kromm and is reported on the 1798 Yagodnaya Polyana Census in Household #56. Son Johann Konrad married Anna Maria Ruhl and is recorded in Household #23.
- "Auswandererliste aus Ober-Lais Eichelsdorf nach Jagodnaya Poljana." Eicheltäler Heimatglocken 2 (February 1929): 73.
- Die Geschichte der Wolgadeutschen vom Vogelsberg zur Wolga(Alsfeld, Wiesbaden: Die Albert-Schweitzer-Schule, 1990): 55.
- Parish records of Wallernhausen on Archion.de
- Kromm, Georg, translation of Yagodnaya Polyana First Settlers List published by Art and Cleo Flegel in “Research in Hesse”, American Historical Society of Germans from Russia Work Paper, Vol.XIII (Dec,1973)
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): p. 393.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): p. 174.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten Auf Dem Weg Von St. Petersburg Nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: 2017): p. 346
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): entries 7083-7088.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 2, pp. 1036; 1042