Georg Michael Keller, son of Ulrich Keller and Barbara Schilling, was born 19 September and baptized 20 September 1724 in Niederhofen. Georg Michael was confirmed there in 1739.
Georg Michael emigrated to Denmark, departing from Altona on 3 June 1762 and arriving in Schleswig on 9 June 1762. He is described as a servant in the household of Christian Bleymeyer.
At some point after his arrival in 1762, Georg Michael married Maria Elisabeth Wentz. Maria Elisabeth Wentz was the widow of Johann Georg Ziegler and the sister of Peter Wentz. Johann Georg Ziegler's death was recorded on 5 October 1761 in the Rendsburg Christkirche Parish records. The family lived in the Danish colonies until 13 June 1763.
The family then emigrated to Russia, settling in the colony of Dobrinka. They are reported on the Dobrinka 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #22. The Georg Keller household includes his wife Elisabeth, four of her children from her first marriage (Christoph, age 13; Elisabeth, age 11; Georg, age 9; and Christina, age 7), and their three younger children (Eva, age 5; Rosine, age 3; and Johann Heinrich, age 1/2).
Georg Keller is still living in Dobrinka in 1798 and is reported there in Household #76. His stepson Christoph Ziegler is reported in the 1798 Census of Dobrinka in Household #12, and his stepdaughter Christina Ziegler is reported in Household #75. His stepson Johann Georg Ziegler is living in Galka in 1798 and is reported there in Household #12.
- Parish records of Niederhofen (Dekanat Brackenheim) on Archion.de
- Family Search Indexes of Niederhofen parish records
- Parish records of Rendsburg Christkirche Parish, Rendsburg-Eckenförde, Norddeutschland on Archion.de
- Danish Parish record extractions by Wayne Bonner and Mike Meisinger.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012). pp. 301, 470, 653, 664
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): p. 319
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, pp. 362, 371, 372, 431.