There are multiple lineages of the Klein (sometimes spelled Kleim) family that settled in Frank. They are believed to be related via their common ancestors Johann Friedrich Klein and Anna Margaretha Klüppel of Södel, Germany. Research on these families is ongoing.
Johann Philipp Klein, son of Johann Ernst Klein & Anna Elisabetha Ries, was baptized in Södel (today in Kreis Friedberg) on 30 May 1719. He married there on 17 November 1746 to Anna Elisabeth Raab, daughter of Johannes Raab & Maria Elisabetha Krafft, who was born 4 March 1725 in Trais an der Horloff.
Philipp & Elisabeth Klein had the following children:
Anna Clara (born 19 Nov. 1747; died 1 Dec. 1747)
Johann Adam (born 15 Mar. 1749) emigrated to American according to some sources
Anna Elisabeth (born 29 September 1751; died 2 December 1751)
Anna Christina (born 17 March 1753)
Johannes (born 20 November 1755; died 2 September 1757)
Maria Catharina (born 9 January 1760)
Johann Henrich (born 30 April 1761)
Magdalena (born 20 July 1764)
- Nieder-Wöllstadt Church Records since 1639
- Södel Church Records since 1649
- Trais an der Horloff Church Records since 1658
- Meyer, Herbert. Die Familien - Chronik Södel - Band 2 (Södel, 2002)
- Müller, Hanno. Familienbuch Trais-Horloff, Inheiden, Utphe (Fernwald-Steinbach: Hanno Müller, 1997): 210 & 314.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 429.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 359.