There are multiple lineages of the Klein (sometimes spelled Kleim) family that settled in Frank. They are believed to be related via their common ancestors Johann Friedrich Klein and Anna Margaretha Klüppel of Södel, Germany. Research on these families is ongoing.
Johannes Klein and Maria Elisabeth Mohr married in Nieder-Wöllstadt on 29 April 1732. Among their children were Johann Heinrich, born 10 June 1742; Johann Adam, born 16 June 1745; Johannes, born 8 May 1748; and Johann Georg, born 14 May 1754.
Johann Heinrich Klein married Anna Maria Bingemer from Rendel, and Johann Adam Klein married Anna Maria Fischer from Müntzenberg. Both marriages are recorded on 5 June 1766 in Büdingen.
Johann Heinrich and his wife Anna Maria, Johann Georg, and Johannes arrived in Russia on 29 August 1766. Johann Adam and his wife Anna Maria arrived on 14 September 1766. Johann Heinrich and his wife are reported on the Frank First Settler's List in Family #79. Johann George is reported in Family #80. Johann Adam, his wife, and infant daughter Eva Maria are reported in Family #81. Johannes and his wife Catharina are reported in Family #82.
- Nieder-Wöllstadt Church Records since 1639
- Södel Church Records since 1649
- Trais an der Horloff Church Records since 1658
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): p. 92
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): p. 330 and p. 413
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): p. 431