Johannes Koch and Anna Gertrude Wild (daughter of Johann Heinrich Wild from Hatzfeld) married in Eichelsdorf on 18 March 1746. Johannes and Anna Gertrude had four children, all born and baptized in Eichelsdorf: Anna Elisabetha, born 27 July, baptized 28 Jul 1746; Anna Margaretha, born 17 February, baptized 19 February 1749; Anna Catharina, born 19 May, baptized 20 May 1751; and Johannes, born 21 Dec, baptized 23 Dec 1755.
The Büdingen marriages report that Johannes Koch from Fauerbach and Elisabetha Koch from Eichelsdorf married on 3 July 1766.
Johannes Koch, his wife Gertrude, and their children Anna Margaretha, Anna Catharina, and Johannes, along with their daughter Anna Elisabetha and her husband Johannes Koch, all arrived in Russia on 20 August 1766 on board the ship Catharina Eleonora.
The Transport Lists report that the elder Johannes Koch (listed as "Senior" in the published translation) died during the transport.
Anna Gertrude married Johann Heinrich Kles, and she, along with her son Johannes, are reported on the Yagodnaya Polyana 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #17. Her son-in-law Johannes and her daughter Anna Elisabeth are reported in Household #18. Based on later records, it appears that her daughter Anna Catharina was married to Johann Heinrich Appel, that couple is reported in Household #14.
Johannes Koch and his family are reported on the 1798 Census in Yagodnaya Polyana Household #1. Anna Elisabeth and her family are reported in Household #24. Anna Catharina and her family are reported in Household #50.
There are several other Koch settlers in Yagodnaya Polyana. Those settlers came from Fauerbach by Nidda.
- Parish records of Eichelsdorf on Archion.de
- Parish records of Büdingen on Archion.de
- Eichelsdorfer Auswanderer an der Wolga (Internet Archive - in German)
- Kromm, Georg, translation of Yagodnaya Polyana First Settlers List published by Art and Cleo Flegel in “Research in Hesse”, American Historical Society of Germans from Russia Work Paper, Vol.XIII (Dec,1973)
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): p. 100
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): pp. 409, 412
- Idt, Andreas and Georg Rauschenbach. Auswanderung deutscher Kolonisten nach Russland im Jahre 1766 (Moscow: Andreas Idt, Georg Rauschenbach, 2019): p. 34
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten Auf Dem Weg Von St. Petersburg Nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: 2017): p. 355
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): pp. 176, 177
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 2, pp. 1032, 1036, 1040