Peter Limpert and Eva Rosina Meier married in Gersfeld on 13 September 1718. Among their chldren were Johann Caspar, born 2 October 1725 in Unterhof; and Johann Christoph, born 19 April 1728 in Unterhof.
Johann Caspar married Anna Barbara Trapp on 14 April 1750 in Gersfeld. Anna Barbara was born 30 November 1723, the daughter of Johannes Trapp and Barbara Jäger. Johann Caspar and Anna Barbara had five children in Gersfeld: Dorothea, born 11 August 1751; Johannes, born 30 June 1754; unnamed child, born 30 June 1754 (died 30 June 1754); Nicolaus, born 6 February 1758; and Johann Georg, born 27 June 1765 (died 3 May 1766).
Johann Christoph married Barbara Schleicher on 10 November 1761 in Gersfeld. Johann Christoph and Barbara had two children in Mosbach: Neidhard, born 6 May 1762; and Eleonora, born 14 September 1764.
Both couples arrived in Russia on 14 September 1766. Christoph Limpert is reported with his wife Barbara and son Neuhard. Caspar Limpert is reported with his wife Anna and children Johann, Nicolaus, and Dorothea.
It appears that both Caspar and his wife Anna Barbara died during the journey to the villages. It also appears that Christoph's wife Barbara and son Neidhardt died during the journey. The family as recorded on the Walter 1767 Census in Household #13 consists of Christoph Limpert, his second wife Dorothea (surname unknown) along with her two children, Dorothea and Anna, and Caspar's children Johann, Nicolaus, and Dorothea.
Nicolaus Limpert and his family are reported on the 1798 Walter Census in Household #49. Nicolaus and his family are reported on the 1811 Census of Walter in Household #49. Nicolaus Limpert's son Christian appears on the Frank 1834 Census in Household #227. Apparently he moved from Walter to Frank at some point between 1816 and 1834, and then moved back to Walter at some point before 1834.
The surname is mispelled Lippert and Lembert in various published translations.
Limpert families moved from Walter to Brunnental in 1859 and 1864.
- Parish records of Gersfeld on Archion.de.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) pp. 407, 410
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2008): p. 298
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): p. 1001
- Koretnikov, Mila, translator and Kevin Rupp, editor. 1811 34 Colonies in Russia Village Census Records (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2021): p. 405
- Frank 1834 Census