Wilhelm Lipps and his wife Elisabetha were married on 22 Nov 1764 in Mittelgründau. Wilhelm was the son of Wilhelm Lipps from Calbach. Wilhelm and Elisabetha had one child, Johannes, on 2 Aug 1765, before departing for Russia. The family settled in Messer, and is reported there is First Settler's List Family #68.
According to the movement tables in the 1798 census, Katharina, daughter of Wilhelm Lipps, moved to Norka to marry a Dürr; Margaretha, daughter of Wilhelm Lipps, moved to Kautz to marry a Riel; Friedrich Lipps moved to Kautz; Sophia Müller moved from Norka to Messer to marry Johannes Lipps.
- Parish records of Gründau on Archion.de
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 130
- Stumpp, Karl. The emigration from Germany to Russia in the years 1763 to 1862. (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1982), p. 143
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 147
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999), Volume 2, pp. 1121, 1122, 1123, 1130.