Johann Caspar Rausch (son of Johann Heinrich Rausch) was baptized 31 August 1740 in Helpershain. He was confirmed there in 1754. Anna Maria Hünergarth (daughter of Johann Adam Hünergarth) was baptized in Helpershain on 6 February 1741. She was confirmed there in 1755. Johann Caspar and Anna Maria married in Büdingen on 19 June 1766. They arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the galliot Die Perle under the command of skipper Thomson.
They arrived in Yagodnaya Polyana on 1 September 1767 with no children, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 11. The couple were both still living at the time of the 1798 Census, and are recorded in Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. Yp09.
- Parish records of Stumpertenrod (including Eckmannshain, Helpershain, and Köddingen) on Archion.de
- Parish records of Büdingen on Archion.de
- Die Geschichte der Wolgadeutschen vom Vogelsberg zur Wolga (Alsfeld, Wiesbaden: Die Albert-Schweitzer-Schule, 1990).
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 95.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): entries 6942-6943.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 176.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 398.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).