Johann Georg Ruppel, son of Heinrich Ruppel and his wife Anna Catharina, was born 12 November 1744, and baptized 15 November 1744 in Neuenhasslau. Anna Elisabetha Scheibelein, daughter of Gottfried Scheibelein and his wife Anna Elisabetha, was born 2 February 1739 and baptized 8 February 1739, in Niedermittlau.
Johann Georg and Anna Elisabetha married 4 April 1766 in Büdingen. They arrived in Russia on 10 Aug 1766, and settled in Norka, where they are reported on the First Settler's List in Family #87.
In 1775 the couple is still living in Norka and have three daughters. By 1798, their oldest daughter Katharina has moved to Pobochnaya and married Johann Friedrich Knack (Pobochnaya 1798 Census Household #5). Their youngest daughter Katharina Elisabeth has also moved to Pobochnaya and married Johann Georg Müller (Pobochnaya 1798 Census Household #15).
- Parish records of Niedermittlau (including Meerholz, Hailer, Neuenhasslau and Gondsroth) on Archion.de
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): p. 60
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 312.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 252.
- Rye, Richard, translator. 1775 and 1798 Census of Norka (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1995)
- Rye, Richard, translator. 1772 and 1798 Census of Pobochnaya (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1995)