There are descendants of two separate Schicketanz families from Sprendlingen who settled in two separate Volga German Villages.
The Schicketantz settler in Frank has been traced back to Mattern Schicketanz (born about 1644), son of Peter Schicketanz (born about 1610).
Johann Georg Schickeantz was born 14 October 1724. He married Anna Maria Heil on 16 Jan 1755. Anna Maria Heil was born 16 May 1724. They had three children: Johann George, born in 1755 and died in 1757; Maria Catharina, born 27 June 1760; and Anna Margaretha, born and died in 1762. This family arrived in Russia on 19 July 1766, reported as Johann Schiketanz, a farmer from Isenberg, his wife Anna, and their daughter Maria, age 6.
The only member of the Johann Georg Schicketantz family who survived the journey to the villages was Maria Catharina, who was reported on the Grimm First Settlers List as an orphan in the household of Konrad Leonhard.
Maria Catharina Schicketanz later married Andreas Albrandt and is reported in Household #47 on the Grimm 1798 Census.
The Schicketantz settler in Grimm has been traced back to Johannes Schicketanz (born about 1642). The relationship between the two Schicketantz families is unknown.
- Knöß, Heinrich and Sehring, Ute. Familienbuch Sprendlingen, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 (Hessische Familiengeschichtliche Vereinigung, 2013), pp. 1293, 1296
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): pp. 58, 203
- Idt, Andreas and Georg Rauschenbach. Auswanderung deutscher Kolonisten nach Russland im Jahre 1766 (Moscow: Andreas Idt, Georg Rauschenbach, 2019): p. 32
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 422
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): p. 84
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, p. 459