Johann Heinrich Schleucher (son of Heinrich Peter and Elisabetha Margaretha Schleucher) was born 6 December 1741 in Rothenbergen and baptized 10 December 1741. On 12 January 1764, Johann Heinrich married Elisabetha Wilhelm in Rothenbergen. She was the widow of Michel Kern. Elisabetha was the daughter of Caspar Wilhelm and had been baptized in Rothenbergen on 27 February 1729. Johann Heinrich and Elisabetha arrived in Russia with two children from Elisabetha's first marriage, both born in Rothenbergen: Johanna Maria Kern, born 19 October, baptized 24 October 1751; and Johann Michel Kern, born 1 August and baptized 5 August 1759.
Johann Heinrich's brother Johannes was born 10 April 1745 in Rothenbergen and baptized 16 April 1745. He married Maria Magdalena Götz on 27 May 1766 in Lübeck. Maria Magdalena was the daughter of Peter and Elisabetha Margareatha Götz, and had been baptized 18 May 1744 in Lieblos.
Both families arrived in Russia on 9 August 1766. They settled in Balzer. Johann Heinrich and his family are reported on the Balzer First Settlers List in Household #99, and Johannes and his wife are reported in Household #101.
Heinrich Schleger and his family are still living in Balzer in 1798 (Household #92). The Movement Tables in the 1798 Census report various Schleuger descendants relocating from Balzer to other villages: Kaspar Schleuger moved to Lauwe (Lauwe 1798 Census #15); Katharina Schleuger moved to Lauwe to marry Ludwig Keil (Lauwe 1798 Census #23); Johannes Schleuger and his family moved to Krasnoyar (Krasnoyar 1798 Census #22); and Konrad Schleuger moved to Jost (Jost 1798 Census #8).
- Parish records of Gründau (including Mittelgründau, Niedergründau, Rothenbergen, Lieblos, Roth, and Gettenbach) on Archion.de
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): p. 29
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 262
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): pp. 102-103
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, pp. 268, 543, 625, 669-670, and Volume 2, pp. 1065-1066.