Johann Heinrich Starck, son of Andreas and Anna Elisabetha Starck, was baptized 12 March 1730 in the Heilige Dreifaltigkeit (Holy Trinity) Catholic church in Neustadt. Anna Elisabeth Kuhn, daughter of Johannes and Elisabeth Kuhn, was baptized in the same church on 16 January 1723. Johann Heinrich and Anna Elisabeth married on 23 November 1754. Anna Elisbeth was the widow of Johann Georg Loskand.
Johann Heinrich and Anna Elisabeth had four children. Their oldest child was baptized at Holy Trinity in Neustadt, and the three younger children were baptized at St. Johannes der Täufer (St. John the Baptist) Catholic church in Momberg on the following dates: Johannes, 3 August 1755; Johann Heinrich, 4 August 1757; Johann Peter, 15 January 1760; and Johann Georg, 9 August 1764.
Johann Heinrich and Anna Elisabeth arrived in Russia on 15 September 1766 with five children: Johann Conrad Loskand (Anna Elisbeth's son from her first marriage) and their four children Johannes, Heinrich, Peter, and Georg. Son Georg must have died during the journey to the villages because he is not recorded with the family in later records. The family settled in Schönchen and are reported there on the 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #17.
Johann Heinrich Starck is still living in Schönchen according to the 1798 Census in Household #24. There is a Conrad Starck reported on the 1798 Census in Household #32. There is no Loskand family on the 1798 Census, suggesting that possibly Conrad Starck is actually Conrad Loskand. Both the Loskand and Starck surnames appear in the 1834 and 1857 Census of Schönchen.
- Parish records of Momberg (St. Johannes der Täufer) on Matricula Online
- Parish records of Neustadt (Hl. Dreifaltigkeit) on Matricula Online
- Stumpp, Karl. The Emigration from Germany to Russia in the years 1763 to 1862. (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1982), p. 159
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 422
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2008): p. 108
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 2, pp. 906, 907