Daniel Friedrich Bautz, son of Andreas and Maria Catharina Bautz, was baptized 19 November 1738 in Rudersberg, Oberamt Schorndorf, Württemberg. Anna Elisabetha Mertz, daughter of Johann Nicolaus Mertz and Anna Katharina Kraft, was born 31 March and baptized 3 April 1738 in Lißberg. Anna Elisabetha had a son Johann Conrad who was born in Lißberg 22 February and baptized 25 February 1761. The baptism record states that Daniel Friedrich Bautz was the child's father. Anna Elisabetha and Daniel Friedrich married in Lißberg in June 1761. Anna Elisabetha and Daniel Friedrich had a second child in Lißberg, daughter Anna Sophia, who was born 21 September and baptized 25 September 1763.
It appears that Daniel Friedrich Bautz died at some point before February 1766. The lists of the recruiter Johann Facius describe Anna Elisabetha's household of 4 individuals as follows: Anna Elisabetha Metz, 27 years old widow of Bautz from Lißberg, with one son 5 years old and one daughter 3 years old with mother Anna Catharina Metz, widowed.
The Büdingen marriages report that Anna Elisabetha Mertz from Lisberg married Johannes Asmus on 25 June 1766.
Johannes Asmus, his wife Elisabeth, and his step-children Johann Conrad, age 5, and Anna Sophia, age 3, along with his mother-in-law Anna Catharina arrived in Russia on 18 August 1766.
Anna Elisabeth, her son Johann Conrad, and her mother Anna Catharina are not reported on the First Settlers List, suggesting that they died during the journey to the villages. Johannes, his new wife Julianna, and children Sophia, age 5, and Maria, age 2 1/2, settled in Walter. They are reported there on the 1767 Census in Household #71.
The movement tables in the 1798 Census report that Sophia Bautz moved to Kratzke and married Christoph Rachÿ (Reich). Widowed Sophia Rachÿ (Reich) is reported in the 1798 Census in Kratzke Household #36 with a note that she and her children were living in Hussenbach.
Sophia's sons Conrad Leis and Adam Reich are living in Hussenbach in 1811.
- Parish records of Lißberg on Archion.de
- Parish records of Büdingen on Archion.de
- Parish records of Rudersberg on Ancestry.com, indexes on Family Search and Ancestry, images also on Archion.de
- Facius Lists
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): p. 97
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): p. 398
- Idt, Andreas and Rauschenbach, Georg. Auswanderung deutsche Kolonisten nach Russland im Jahre 1766 (Second edition). Moscow: 2019. Page 34
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2008): p. 311
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, p. 640; Volume 2, p. 1163