Johann Jacob Becker and his wife Anna Magdalena Bender, along with two of their children, are among the three families from Falkenstein who settled in Kolb. Johann Jacob Becker was baptized on 24 Sep 1730, and Anna Magdalena Bender was baptized on 19 May 1737. Their marriage is recorded in the Sankt Alban church records on 2 Mar 1756. They had three children prior to immigration, Anna Elisabeth, Anna Barbara, and Johann Jacob.
Son Johann Jacob must have died prior to immigration because he is not listed when the family arrived in Russia. daughter Anna Elisabeth died during the trip to the colony. The surviving family members settled in Kolb and are reported there in the 1767 Census (First Settlers List) in Household #10.
Five Becker families from Kolb relocated to Brunnental in 1859, 1862, 1869, and 1870.
- Parish records of Sankt Alban, Rockenhausen, Central Archive of the Evangelical Church in Pfalz, on Archion.de
- Parish records of Sankt Alban (LDS Film #193160) and Family Search indexes of same.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) p. 85
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): p. 388
- Hein, Maggie, translator. Brunnental, Russia Communion Register (1870-1884) Volume 1 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2020)