Andreas Kehr was baptized in Metzebach, Kr. Melsungen, Hessen-Nassau on 7 March 1723. He was the son of Johann Jost Kehr. Catharina Döring was born in Landefeld about 1721/1722, was confirmed in 1736, and was the daughter of Balthas Döring. Andreas and Catharina married on 23 August 1750 in Landefeld. During their marriage they had two children who were both baptized in Landefeld: Burckhardt baptized March 11 1753; and Anna Martha baptized 7 May 1756. Andreas Kehr died and Catharina married Johann Christian Göbel on 23 February 1766 in Landefeld, Kr. Melsungen, Hessen-Nassau. Johann Christian Göbel had been born in Ellingerode, Kr. Rotenburg, Hessen-Nassau, on 10 December 1735 and baptized on 11 December 1735. He was the son of Johann Adam Göbel and Anna Martha Schlegel.
Shortly after their marriage, Christian Göbel, his wife Catharina and two children, Johann age 15.5 years, and Anna Martha age 10, are recorded sailing from Lübeck and arriving in Russia July 4 1766 aboard the Russian ship commanded by Lieutenant Samuel Gibbs. They arrived in Moor 1 July 1767. They are listed in the Moor First Settlers List in Household #70, with their names erroneously listed as Kempel, Christian 32, his wife Katharina, 45, Johann 14, and Anna Martha 5.
The 1775 census names Christian Göbel age 40, his wife Katharina age 52, his step-son age 23, and his step-son's wife Katharina age 21.
By 1798, Christian and Catharina Göbel are no longer listed on the Moor census, but Berghardt Kehr, age 47 is listed with his family in Moor Household #046. His sister, Anna Martha Kehr is listed in Kutter Household #01 with her husband Johannes Behm and their family, where she is erroneously listed as Anna Maria, age 42.
- Parish records of Landefeld, including Metzebach and Nausis, 1720-1773, on Archion.de
- Parish records of Braach, including Altenteich, Atzelrode, Baumbach, Ellingerode, Erbenhausen, Hergershausen, Serkelshausen, and Wüstefeld, 1717-1748, on Archion.de
- Blumenstein, Thomas and Gustaf Eichbaum. Trauregister aus Kurhessen und Waldeck Band 2 Amt Spangenberg; Trauungen aus den evangelischen Kirchenbüchern der Orte im ehemaligen Amt Spandenberg von den Anflängen bis 1830. FHL International book 943.41 B4t Volume 2
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766; “Reports by Ivan Kulberg”. (Saratov State Technical University 2010): p. 196
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): pp. 173-174
- The 1775 and 1798 Census Revisions of the Volga German Colony of Klyuchi also known as Moor. American Historical Society of German from Russia 1995.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Populations, and Agriculture, Volume 1. American Historical Society of German from Russia 1999: Volume 1, pp. 647, 732