Colonía La Colorada Chica; Colonia Nuestra Señora del Rosario; Colonía San Rosario; Colonía Santa Rosario; Nuestra Señora del Rosario
38°22' S 63°23' W
Colonía La Colorada Chica was founded right on the border of La Pampa Province and Buenos Aires Province, on the La Pampa side. It also went by the name "San Rosario" and the school there today bears this name.
Under the leadership of Father Teodoro Krämer, 72 Volga German families came to the area in 1920. Each was alloted 100 hectars and a lot for exploitation of the salt that was available in the area. A church and a school were constructed for the settlers.
In the early 1930s, there were several years of drought, and many Volga German families left this area and settled in more populated communities in the area such as Jacinto Arauz, Villa Irris, and Algarrobo.
Volga German Families
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in La Colorada Chica:
Volga German Congregation
There is a small Catholic church that is all that remains of the Colonía La Colorada Chica.
Minetto, José Francisco. "Por la señal de la cruz: Inmigración y Colonias de alemanes del Volga en La Pampa."
Obituaries published in Argentinisches Volksfreund
Esteban Agustín Gascón (Wikipedia) - in Spanish