Susanna Elisabetha, illegitimate daughter of Johannes Stellwagen and Maria Veronica (last name unknown) was born 13 Jan 1752 in Sprendlingen. Maria Veronica and Susanna Elisabetha arrived in Russia on 18 Jun 1766. Susanna Elisabetha is reported on the Kolb First Settlers List as an orphan in the household of Jacob Müller (household #22a), and she is reported in the Kolb 1798 Census (wife of Johann Adam Koch, household #23) with her surname mistranslated as Stehlbach.
The baptisms of eight children of Lorenz Stellwagen (son of Johannes) and his wife Catharina Elisabeth can be found in the Sprendlingen parish records: Johann Adam, b. 21 Aug 1746; Gertrude, b. 28 Jul 1748; Johannes, b. 12 Sep 1750; Johann Jacob, b. Jan 1753; Johannes, b. 17 May 1755; Johann Heinrich, b. 7 Aug 1757; Johann Phillip, b. 16 Sep 1759; and Johann Peter, b. 14 Mar 1762. The family arrived in Russia on 18 Jun 1766. The only member of the family who survived the trip to the villages was Johannes, who is reported in the Moor First Settler's List as a stepson in the household of Conrad Bickert (household #17a).
Phillip Bamberger married Anna Gertruda Stellwagen on 9 Feb 1751 in Sprendlingen. Anna Gertruda was born on 17 May 1728, daughter of Adam and Anna Barbara Stellwagen, and she died on 11 Mar 1763. Three of her children survived the trip to Russia and are reported on the Moor First Settler's List as stepchildren in the household of Nicolaus Scherf (household #18a).
All three families arrived in Russia on the same ship. Though all of these families came from Sprendlingen, it isn't clear yet exactly how all of the Stellwagen individuals are related to each other.
- Parish records of Sprendlingen, Dekanat Wöllstein, Central Archive of the Evangelical Church in Hessen and Nassau on Archion.de
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010) pp. 85-86
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): p. 391
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 160
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Volume 1, p. 609