The first group of German-speaking immigrants arrived in Calgary in 1892 from Yagodnaya Polyana having first gone to Endicott, Washington . Another group of Volga Germans arrived around the turn of the century from Alexanderdorf (Caucasus), where their ancestors had moved several decades earlier. They settled in an area northeast of downtown Calgary that became known as Riverside but was called Germantown during the early settlement years. This area was annexed to the city of Calgary in 1910.
The following families are know to have immigrated to Calgary:
Volga German Congregations
Ebenezer Congregational Church
Immanuel Lutheran Church
First English / Mount Calvary Lutheran Church
Jehovah / St. Matthew Lutheran Church
St. John's Lutheran Church
St. Paul Lutheran Church
Zion Lutheran Church
Scheuerman, Richard D. & Clifford E. Trafzer. The Volga Germans: Pioneers of the Northwest (Moscow, ID: University of Idaho Press, 1985): 174.
Williams, Vicky. Calgary, Then and Now (Calgary: Bodima, 1978): 113.