6A Street & Murdock Road
66 7th Street NE
Calgary, AB T2E 4B7
St. Paul Lutheran Church, a breakaway congregation from Immanuel Lutheran, never really materialized and by April 1913 had reorganized itself as Jehovah Lutheran Church. Until 1916, the new congregation met in Die Halle, a hall belonging to member George Luft. Subsequent services were held in the Methodist Church at 7A Street and 1st Avenue NE. The congregation adopted its first constitution on 12 May 1919. In 1920, the congregation began construction of a building at 6A Street and Murdock Road.
On 5 March 1945, the congregation exchanged its "Little White Church" for a much larger brick building belonging to the Moravian Church located at 66 7th Street NE.
In 1960, the congregation was renamed St. Matthew Lutheran Church. It is a member congregation of the Lutheran Church-Canada.
The following have served as pastor of Jehovah / St. Matthew Lutheran Church:
John E. Herzer (1913-1929)
Clemens Thies (1929-1931)
Victor L. Meyer (1931-1935)
Walter A. Rädeke, interim (1935-1936)
Phillip Unterschultz (1936-1955)
Fred Stark (1955-1988)
Horst Gutsche (1990-1995)
Benno Dreger (1994-1998)
Jack P. Hetzel (1996-2002)
Sean M. Smallwood (1999-2008)
Orlin Anderson, interim pastor (2008)
Markus Zeuch (2008-)
Cherland, Carl Marcus. The Lutheran Legacy: Growth of Calgary's Lutheran Churches (Calgary: Century Calgary Publications, 1975): 61-66.
Settlement history of "the Germans" in Calgary between ca. 1900 and 1914 (Univ. of Alberta)