The park was named for Alexander von Humboldt, a German naturalist and geographer.
Volga German immigrants first arrived in the Humboldt Park area of Chicago in 1888. They came from Balzer and Grimm.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled, at least for a while, in Humboldt Park:
Schick from Galka
VOLGA GERMAN CONGREGATIONS
Lutheran Church on Homan Ave.
Humboldt Park, Chicago (Wikipedia)