Our Lady of Victory



4434 N. Laramie
Chicago, IL 60630


Our Lady of Victory Church was organized on September 10, 1906, as a mission of St. Edward parish.  The Rev. Martin M. Lennartz cared for the small Catholic community and celebrated Mass in a hall on the southeast corner of Milwaukee Avenue and Lawrence Avenue.  In 1907 a cottage at 4741 N. Linder Avenue was acquired for use as a church.  In March 1910, 20 lots at the present parish site were purchased and construction began on a combination church-school building.  The cornerstone was laid on 22 May 1910 and dedication of the new three-story structure was held a year later on 28 May 1911.

The School Sisters of St. Francis from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, opened the parish school in the fall of 1911.


The parish of Our Lady of Victory has been served by the following priests:

Martin M. Lennartz
Edward J. Mullaly
Francis Chichozki (1909-1950)
Gerald Morrisey (1948-1950)
Daniel Stokes (1950-1953)
Henry Fitzgerald (1953-1958)
Raymond Zock (1958-1973)
Francis Nolan (1973-1978)
John Kuzinskas (1979-1986)
Daniel McCarthy (1986-1998)
Philip Cyscon (1999-2004)
Christopher Doering (2004-)


Our Lady of Victory Parish & School (website)