Founded in 1907, Pompey's Pillar was named after a sandstone outcropping in the area that is 200 feet high. Located 29 miles northeast of Billings, Pompey's Pillar was founded as part of the Huntley Project, an irrigation project managed by the United States Bureau of Reclamation.
At one time there were both a Catholic church and a Union Congregational church in the village.
VOLGA GERMAN CONGREGATIONS
Union Congregational Church