Chestnut & N. 5th
326 S. Third St.
Sterling, CO 80751
Originally founded on 24 June 1888 as St. John the Baptist Catholic parish when a small frame structure was dedicated. The parish was renamed St. Anthony in honor of Anthony Giacomini, an early Catholic pioneer in the community, when a new building was dedicated on 5 November 1911. The former St. John's building was sold to Zion Congregational Church.
The parish was served by visiting priests until 1908 when the parish in Sterling became an independent parish and Father Peter U. Sasse became the resident priest.
Peter U. Sasse (1908-1920)
Charles H. Hagus
Emile J. Verschraeghen (1934-1962)
Robert L. Wedow
St. Anthony Catholic Church History (parish website)