32°01' S 60°18' W
The colony of San José was founded on 14 April 1888 in the Paraná Departamento (District) in Entre Ríos. It was named after Ignacio Crespo Rodríguez. It was located about 1 kilometer from the railroad station at Crespo. The population (approximately 10,000) is almost entirely descendants of Volga Germans who began arriving in Argentina in 1875.
Volga German Congregations
Baptisms (LDS Film No. 1368508 - online extraction).