The community of Ellis was established in 1867 as a water station on the Kansas Pacific Railway. From 1876-1878, a large number of Volga Germans immigrated to Ellis County, and over the years moved from the farms into the town of Ellis.
Among the early Volga German families to settled in and near Ellis were:
VOLGA GERMAN PARISH
Larson, Rosemary Wiesner. St. Mary's Church, 1986: Centennial Celebration, Ellis, Kansas.
Ellis Cemetery (findagrave.com)
Mount Hope Cemetery (findagrave.com)
Saint John Cemetery (findagrave.com)
Saint Mary's Cemetery (findagrave.com)
Ellis, Kansas (Wikipedia)