St. Peter was founded in 1894 by Volga German families from Ellis Co., Kansas. It was orginally known as Hoganville, but its name was changed to St. Peter in honor of Peter Rome who donated the land on which St. Anthony's Catholic Church was built.
VOLGA GERMAN PARISH
VOLGA GERMAN FAMILIES
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around St. Peter:
St. Peter from The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas
Saint Anthony Cemetery (findagrave.com)