Emmeram is an unincorporated place in Ellis Co., Kansas. Originally it was called Norddorf, but was changed to Emmerman after Father Emmerman Kausler, the first priest to serve the Catholic settlers living there. A town plot was filed in 1902, but a town never really developed.
There was a parish school in operation from 1912 to 1925. The building was then used as a parish hall. It was razed in 1946 when a new parish hall was constructed.
VOLGA GERMAN PARISH
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
At Home in Ellis County, Kansas: 1867-1992. Hays, KS: Ellis County Historical Society, 1991.
Windholz, Frank J. A Brief History of Sacred Heart Parish and Emmeram, Kansas, 1978.
Emmeram, Kansas (Wikipedia)