About five miles northwest of Catharine, Kansas.
St. Severin Catholic Church was founded exclusively by former members of the Catharine parish. It was named in honor of Fr. Severin who served as its first pastor. The church was built in May, 1916, and was dedicated June 22, 1916.
The following families constituted the original membership of St. Severin:
Peter J. Walter
Frank Schmeidler, Jr.
Peter J. Miller
Jos. G. Dinkel
Alois E. Karlin
Raymund A. Schmidt
Peter H. Staab
Alois J. Koerner
F. A. Meier
St. Severin's Parish has been served by the following Capuchin friars:
Fr. Victor (1916-1918)
Fr. Gaudens (1918-1919)
Fr. Pancratius (1920-1922)
Fr. Cassimier (1922-1925)
Fr. Maurice (1925-?)
The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas, 1926.
Saint Severin Cemetery (findagrave.com)
Saint Severin Cemetery (Internment.net)