338 N. 7th St.
WaKeeney, KS 67672
Bethlehem Lutheran Church was founded by Volga German families on 31 October 1897. They first met in the school house and then worshiped in the Methodist Church until 6 May 1906 when they dedicated their own church building. This building was used by the congregation until it was destroyed by fire on 14 December 1945. A new church was dedicated on 19 June 1949.
F. W. Mensing
Gerhard M. Bunge
Sherman Frederick (1936-)
G. C. Schaub (1939-?)
Klass DeFreese (1947-?)
Edwin J. Hirsch (1954-?)
Charles L. Hanson (1970-?) J. Glen Sandquist
History of WaKeeney - 1890's-The Churches (skyways). Website no longer online: http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/trego/wakeeney.html
"Our History of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church in WaKeeney" from the 1973 Bethlhem Lutheran Church Pictorial Directory.