By 1891, a large church building had already been constructed by the Seventh Day Adventists who had settled in and around Lehigh. Among the early members of this congregation were:
George A. Ehrlich
In 1901, a large part of the congregation relocated to Shattuck, Oklahoma, and joined the Seventh Day Adventist Congregation there.
As the numbers of members dwindled, the building was used by other church groups. In 1943, it was closed and torn down shortly thereafter.
Weinbrenner, Loren. The Story of Lehigh. North Newton, KS: Bethel College, 1961.